To serve as the Captain of 85 ft steel hull cargo schooner, in charge of overall safe operations, maintenance, crew accountability and productivity. Able to operate/ navigate a sailing vessel world wide efficiently and safely. This will be a flagship of a new class of Wind /electric / LNG hybrid
- Understand and comply with standard procedures and guidelines for the operation of a safe and environmentally sound vessel.
- Conduct required safety drills including , man-overboard, fire and mayday. Document in ship logbook and/or other appropriate log.
- Conduct inspections of the vessel to ensure seaworthy condition and arrange for maintenance and repair activities to correct any deficiencies. Hold crew accountable for their adherence to maritime law, the policies of the company and their individual performance.
- Sailing vessel Experience REQUIRED!!!
- Merchant Mariners Credentials that includes 100 or 200 Ton Master "Any Oceans" with sail endorsement.
- TWIC Holder and US Passport
- Electrical knowledge
- Nice to have experience********************
- Experience clearing custom's both foreign and domestic
- working knowledge of ZARPA's, ENOAD's,
- English and Spanish speaking
Excellent compensation for the right candidate.
ELCC is proud to be and AA/EE Employer
Job Type: Full-time