AB seaman to needed for sailing schooner .
Looking for an AB with sailing experience to work a new schooner sailing Central and South America and the Caribbean Sea moving coffee back to Houston.
Requirements of the position:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Sailing vessel experience
- A Valid Driver License
- Demonstrate ability to operate industrial equipment safely
- Employment is contingent upon a successful background check, drug screen and pre-hire medical exam.
- Must meet all work eligibility requirements
- Candidates must be able to obtain a TWIC card and Passport.
- US NAVY or USCG veteran would be great
- Develops an in-depth working knowledge of all sail equipment that is utilized in performing our work.
- Ability to operate equipment in accordance with all policies, regulations, and procedures to ensure safe and productive work experiences
- Stand deck and wheel watch while under way
- Work effectively in team environment and provide support and assistance
- Expected to perform other duties as assigned
- Maintain and clean vessel
- Requires standing, lifting up to 45lbs
- May require climbing the mast, must not be afraid of heights
- Requires the ability to wear the personnel protective and safety equipment prescribed by the Captain
- Able to work in various temperatures indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions including heat, cold, rain or dry environments
- Ability to perform work in various sea conditions, under all environmental conditions, often wet, cold and hot decks